Daryen PageThe Daryens are a subsector sized polity in the Traveller universe. They overreached themselves, paid a terrible price, and eventually reached the stars again. They are also interesting in that they are amazingly stable, effectively maintaining themselves for almost 1500 years with a single, stable government.
The Daryens have a very interesting and dynamic history despite their amazing stability. They serve as a counterpoint to the totally chaotic history of the Sword Worlds.
After having investigated the Daryens quite a bit, there are several mysteries and "holes" that I have found. Do with them as you will; they are intended to be grist for the mill in Daryen centered campaigns.
Included here is the information for the Daryen subsector (plus the Entropic worlds from the Querion subsector) of the Spinward Marches for several time periods. These periods are:
[Map Note: The published "big" map for the Spinward Marches has three errors in the Darrian sector. Junction is given a B starport, Nonym is a white planet and 886-945 has no GG. My maps fix these errors. All maps originally taken from the Traveller Atlas.]
- Year 0. This is the time of T4. There is nothing definitively stated on the issue, so a best guess is presented here.
- Year 1000. The time of T20. This applies for the entire period between the Third and Fourth Frontier Wars.
- Year 1100. The time of CT. This is prior to the Fifth Frontier War. This applies to the period between the Fourth and Fifth Frontier Wars.
- Year 1120. The time of GT. This is a decade after the Fifth Frontier War. While based on GT information, it is still presented in UWP format. Conversion is left as an exercise for the reader.
- Year 1200. The time of TNE. This is during the period of the Regency.
Also check out my Landgrab entries. My claims are Mire, Jacent, Entrope and Zamine.
After a discussion on the Traveller section of the SJG Games forums, I decided to make a "corrected" map of the Darrian subsector in the GTU. I labeled this "Year 1123" to differentiate it from the above.
This site is of purely unofficial origin, and should in no way be considered official Traveller canon. Traveller is a trademark of Far Future Enterprises, Inc, and is used under licence by Mongoose Publishing.